Friday, July 3, 2009

Yesterday...

Yesterday I had my follow up visit with the Hematologist/Oncologist to get the results of my test. My x-ray and ultrasound came back good. My blood test are still really off. While my white blood count has come back down some, my body is over producing red blood cells. I am also iron deficient and there is no iron stored in my body. Which usually when that happens your red blood cells deplete but mine are VERY high. Also my red blood cells are stacking on top of each other which they shouldn't be. There is also inflammation in my blood which they are not sure where it's coming from. They think it could be coming from my tumor but it could becoming from another source that they aren't sure of. So they are still looking into that.


The doctor is a little confused as to what's going on because it's not "normal". So he took another 7 vials of blood again yesterday to check for some "markers" in my blood for certain disorders that he thinks it might be. There is a possibility that when I was pregnant with Triniti, because of all the issues she had and is having, she literally "sucked the life out of me" causing all my levels to be off and my body is just now recovering from it. He said it's unlikely but a possibility. There is also a possibility that it is a disorder called Polycythemia Vera which is a rare blood disorder where your bone marrow makes too many red blood cells and your blood becomes too thick. If it's not treated it can cause someone to have a stroke. There is no cure for it but it is treatable. We should know if I have it by the blood work results because there is marker in the blood that will show up in most people with Polycythemia Vera, and that's one of the test the doctor ordered this time around. If my blood work looks better than it did the last time I had it taken and there are no markers for any other disorder, the doctor is having me take iron supplements and will have me continue taking them and will then check the blood again in 3 months to see if it's corrected itself. So we are kind of in this waiting game. I'm hoping we will have the results back the first of the week next week! So that's all we know for now.


My grandma was diagnosed yesterday with Stage 3B lung cancer and will have to have 2 weeks of heavy radiation and possibly chemo. They haven't given her a time frame but from what I read it's about 13 months with treatment. Please keep her in your prayers! I'm glad we are coming back to Ohio soon so she can see Triniti as she hasn't seen her yet!


The other day my niece and nephews came over and I took lots of pictures which I hope to post soon!!


Hope everyone has a great and safe 4th of July!!


1 comment:

  1. You guys are always in my prayers.Tammi this sounds like great news I have been on iron supplements for years and have had no issues.Will call soon about borrowing Hunter once more before your trip.Love you guys

    ReplyDelete