Monday, July 20, 2009

Everything went well...

Everything went well today. I was more nervous then I needed to be. The nurses I had were GREAT and they let Matt stay with me the entire time. I was awake for the entire thing but could really only feel when they pulled the bone and the marrow out. So not to bad. We came home and I slept for about 5 hours and now I'm up for a little bit. My back is VERY sore... but they told me to expect that for 3-5 days.

Now it's just a matter of waiting to get all the results back. The Lab Tech told us today that part of the labs will actually go to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. So that's why it takes so long. Hopefully this week with go fast.

Hunter started football camp today it's a 3 day camp and this is his 2nd year going. I wasn't feeling up to going tonight but tomorrow I'll go and take pictures. He will be one tired boy tonight.

Thanks for all the prayers today - we know they helped!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure you are very tired, but thank you for blogging tonight. I've been thinking about you all day and appreciated your update. I've been wondering.

    Football practice started at the perfect time. Hunter will be too tired to get into trouble (even though I know he's an angel), and you will hopefully be able to rest for the next couple days.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it went well. I know you are getting the very best care and have the very best medical team at Mayo. I hope that brings a little calm to this storm. Here's to a quick week or one that is at least so crazy busy that you don't have time to stop and think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stay strong Tammi and know all the love and support heading your way. If you need ANYTHING call me Love always

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog from another, and wanted to wish ou luck. I hope this last procedure brings you the best possible results.

    It's hard enough being the parent of a child with special needs, I can't imagine having my own major issues at the same time.

    You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete