Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Short and not so sweet...
It's been a long night so I'm going to make this short. I talked to my doctor from the hematology/ oncology department at the Mayo Clinic tonight at 6pm. I found out tonight that I do have bone marrow cancer. He is allowing me to go back to Ohio for our vacation tomorrow but as soon as we get back I have to have a bone marrow biopsy that will tell us exactly what cancer I have as well as how aggressive it is. We do know that the cancer does effect my red blood cells (overproduces them). We also know that I am iron deficient which the doctor said is in my favor as it slows down the production of red blood cells. He has taken me off all of my iron to keep my body in an iron deficient state until I start treatments. If my body wouldn't be iron deficient then it would make an even higher rate of red blood cells (mine are already very high) possibly leading to a stroke. We also found out that I have a gene mutation which is what causes the bone marrow cancer. We really won't know much until we get the biopsy back after we are back from Ohio on what stage it is or what kind of treatment I will have to have. My doctor told me to enjoy my vacation and we will worry about the rest when I get back! So that's what we are going to do... Thanks everyone for your prayers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Give it all to God Tammi.We will fight it together.He never gives us more than we can handle but boy he sure loves to test us!Enjoy your vacation and your family.The battle starts when you get home.Safe trip guys Call when you get back.Love you always
ReplyDeleteI went to bed last night, dreaming about it all, and woke up hoping to find it was just a dream! I love you my dear friend! I will be faithfully praying for you all!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am super ecstatic for you to get here!!!
Praying for a restful, joy-filled, memory making vacation! There is such excitement in flying--and Sky Harbor is always busy! Watch the faces of your children and know that God loves all of you! Safe travels!
ReplyDeleteYou will certainly be in my prayers as you start this new battle. Have a safe and wonferful vacation with your family and friends.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to see that you also had to make your blog private. I had to as well and I hate that others can take that strees reliever away from us.
Take care!
M
I am so sorry to hear your news. I am a cancer survivor of 15 months, so I know what you are going through. I pray God's healing and blessings be upon you.
ReplyDelete