Matt and I have been doing a series on being better parents and one of the things they talk about is having a date night every week. It has a lot of advantages with teaching your kids about healthy relationships. It gets the couple back to the reason why they got married. So many couples get caught up in their kids they forget the reason why they got married and when the kids leave the parents divorce because they don't know each other anymore. And the kids know how much their parents love each other because they see it. Since the beginning of the year Matt and I have had date night once a week. It's been great! Most of the time we go out to dinner and to a movie (we have 12 free movie tickets!! :) ) But this last weekend my husband planned a fun night of just acting like kids! Out here we have a place called Amazing Jake's - it's a huge version of Chuck E Cheese with indoor mini golf, roller coasters, bumper cars, laser tag, rock walls, bowling, and go karts! It's so much fun!! So for one night Matt and I forgot about our "adult life" and just got to act like 2 kids! We had a blast! Here are a few pictures!!

This is just a small part of the place - you can see the roller coaster and the train.
Matt and I went Glo bowling..
Matt was Player 1 and I was Player 2 - I won - so I had to take a picture!! :)

Then Matt won... so he took a picture..

We should have stopped after the first game... 
We had a great night!
Happy 17th Birthday yesterday to our nephew Tyler!! 









I can understand the value behind date nights. It's a beautiful thing!
ReplyDelete