Sunday, January 10, 2010

3 years ago today...

3 years ago today was a very important day for us! It didn't change our lives much but still it was very important! On Jan. 10, 2007 I officially became Hunter's mom! Nothing in our home changed much because in my eyes I was already Hunter's mom. When Matt and I were engaged Hunter had asked me if he could start calling me "mom" so he already thought of me as his mom! Hunter and I have always had a great relationship - in fact he told me he loved me before Matt did! The only thing that changed that day was my name was put on Hunter's birth certificate. Hunter's birth mom may have made a lot of mistakes in her life but when she decided to allow me to adopt Hunter that was the most unselfish thing she has ever done. Hunter has been able to be in a loving, stable and safe environment that she wasn't able to provide him! I will always be grateful to her for that!


Our lawyer asking me some questions...


The Judge asking Hunter questions and Hunter declaring his adoption final - he even got to slam the gavel.



It was done and a day I will NEVER forget!! :)




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I hadn't seen them before. I feel so privileged to be able to look in on a very important moment in your guys' lives.

    And how cool that Hunter got to slam the gavel himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammi James I sware if you don't stop making me cry....!guess I just need to stop reading your blog so early so I don't cry before work and then need to explain the red eyes!!!What an amazing time in your lives.Need updates on our little girl-heard we are waiting on test results-and need to know what is going on with you also.Call me about Triniti's cake if you still need me.Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete