Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Quick Update...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I had my CT scan done this morning. I thought I had lost all of my dignity during the birth of my kids... I was wrong! :) I lost the rest of it the last 2 weeks!

My doctor called about 2 hours ago and said that the results from the CT scan confirmed what we already knew from the colonoscopy. The pathology reports are not back yet on the biopsies but they will not be conclusive anyway. Until the tumor is removed and they biopsy the middle they can not rule out cancer. The blood work that I have done showed that I am extremely anemic, iron deficient, and there is an issue with my liver. All of the information that I have read on GIST says that when the cancer spreads from the GI tract it then goes to the liver - so this worries me a little... okay it worries me ALOT! My doctor said "I'll be frank, the tumor is very unusual." I'm not sure what that means and I really didn't want to ask... I figured if he wanted me to worry about it he would tell me more...

I have to undergo 3 more test next week - they will repeat my blood work to see if they change at all. Once we finish all of those test then I meet with my doctor again on June 1st to figure out the course of treatment. My doctor said he would get me all "fixed up"! :)

The other thing is he is requesting is all of my blood work and ultrasound information from my OB. We believe there might me a connection between what I have going on and what is going on with Triniti.

Hopefully soon we will have some more answers... I HATE waiting!! We are trying to keep busy and keep our mind off of things... At night when everyone is sleeping is when I stay up and worry the most... I know God's will will be done but I also know that my plans might not be the plans that God has... I'm just going to trust God and know that the path has already been made.

Tomorrow I hope to post a video with Keegan saying his ABC's, new "toys" that Matt bought, and Triniti trying to roll over.

Thanks again for all your prayers.. we have needed it. Matt, Hunter and I all broke down in the car today... it's been rough... and Keegan knows there is something going on as he is always trying to make us laugh especially if we are crying - even at 2 he knows something isn't right.. Listening to my kids laugh and seeing them smile get me through the day..

7 comments:

  1. We are praying for all of you. This is not easy, but we are praying you through this. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cannot imagine what you guys are going through what with Triniti and now this.Just know A LOT of prayers and love are being sent your way and if there is ANYTHING we can do we are 10 min. away(well maybe 20.)You said it best Tammi God's will be done Love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to be still and wait on the Lord. I think He understands that. I think the key is to grab a hold of scripture and repeat it whenever anxious thoughts come up, and look for anything that can get you through each day. Like your kids, you mentioned their laugh and smiles. Those are a gift from God.

    We're always storming the throne with lots of prayers!! Oh how badly I wish I could be with you right now! In fact I dreamed two nights ago about coming to visit you. When we got there, it snowed the whole entire time and you kept saying, "I swear this has never happened before!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammi

    Landon and I will be praying for you. Stay strong!

    Kasey Nafziger (Gruenhagen)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SOOO understand the hate of waiting. Trying to learn to trust God in the midst of pain and suffering is really hard. When people say that this will make you stronger...do they understand that I do not want to be ironman?!?

    I know that the waiting sucks. I too worry more when it is quiet. My wheels spin and Satan creeps in.
    BUT...You can do this!
    The crying can be therapy. At least that is what I tell myself when I cry a million times a day.
    Call out to Christ. THAT is what HE wants us to do...HE is the ONLY one who can help. I am seeing and feeling that more and more.

    YOU can lean on me. I will be God's ears for you and I will do my best to use HIS words and HIS love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammi!

    So sorry for all that you are dealing with! What a journey you are taking. I will pray for you!

    Jessie Rosebrook (Campbell)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nate & amy waidelichMay 23, 2009 at 7:21 PM

    Be encouraged, James Family! God knows each of you by name, knows every hair on your head & He certainly knows the desires of your hearts. He loves you so much & He will lay the bricks one by one before your feet as (but not a moment before) you lift your foot to take a step of faith... He's been showing us that a LOT since being in the Army... We love you guys & you are in our prayers!xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete