Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and I do not recommend stopping any medications without the knowledge of your physician.
I have been diagnoised with a blood cancer called Post Polycythemia Vera Myelofibrosis. This cancer usually effects people over the age of 65 but I started experiencing symptoms while I was pregnant with Triniti at the age of 27. I was EXTREMELY tired sleeping almost 20 hours a day. It wasn't a normal pregnancy tired it was an uncontrollable I can't do anything about it tired. Thankfully my mom was there to help with Hunter and Keegan while Matt was working. My OB did lots of blood work and became very concerned with my numbers. She sent me to my primary doctor who sent me to a Hemo/Oncologist at the Mayo Clinic after delivering Triniti.
The doctor at the Mayo Clinic was so surprised because my iron level was dangerously low but my red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets were uncontrollably high -that shouldn't be because iron is what makes blood cells. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it. So he decided to run some blood tests to see if he could figure out the underlying reason why. He then said you know I'm going to run this test for a rare blood cancer gene mutation - I don't think you have it because you are so young but let's just rule it out to be on the safe side. Boy am I glad he went with his gut because I tested positive for the gene mutation called JAK2 which meant I had Polycythemia Vera. My next step was to have a bone marrow biopsy to see how much damage had been done to my bone marrow. Polycythemia makes certain blood levels to basically produce out of control and crowd out all of your good cells. It also makes your blood become SUPER thick which causes organ damage and the possibility of strokes or heart attacks. The doctor told me there was no cure and I would die from it if something else didn't kill me first. He then looked at Matt and said keep a good job with good health insurance because at some point she will need a Stem Cell (bone marrow) Transplant. The first thing they do is start draining out the excess blood to keep it in a normal level. It's not fun but it could be worse. Once we got my bone marrow biopsy results back it showed fibrosis already forming in my bone marrow because it was being over used. The fibrosis just keeps building up and eventually your bone marrow can no longer produce blood at all and the only way to keep yourself alive is through blood transfusions. This is where it becomes Post Polycythemia Myelofibrosis and after sometime will need a Stem Cell Transplant. Which includes high dose chemo therapy and then they use family or donor cells to replace yours. It's a very long process with being away from home for about 100 days in the hospital and medical apartments.
Right now there are only really 3 drugs out there to "help" with this cancer (remember there is no cure). Pegasys was the first drug I tried - this can put the cancer into remission. The only problem with this drug is it's a shot taken once a week and it can make you sick. I would take my shot on Sunday night and throw up and have flu like symptoms until Thursday. A few days off and it started all over again. It was NOT fun to live that way! After almost a year on it I couldn't handle it anymore and I was taken off of it.
The next one is a Jakafi - this one is new to the market and it's hard to get it. Basically it surpresses the JAK2 gene and can put you into remission. Bad thing is no one knows the long term effects as it's only been around for about 5 years and like I said it's very hard to get approved for this drug. Most insurance companies will not pay for it and it's not very cheap. I have not had the chance of using this yet.
And then there is the chemo drug Hydroxurea which is what I've been on for over 3 years and am supposed to be on it the rest of my life or until I have a stem cell transplant.
Here is a list of the side effects: nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, diarrhea, constipation, skin changes such as peeling or discoloration, flu-like symptoms, hair loss, rash, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, or weight gain.
I hated taking it knowing full well with every pill I took it was increasing my chances of developing acute leukemia instead of having a slow growing cancer. It just didn't make sense to me. I want to be around for my kids graduations, weddings and of grand babies!
So after I saw that the doTERRA oils were working on other things I decided to do some research to see if I could find a protocol to take instead of my chemo pill. I know that either way it is still going to be incurable so I really didn't have anything to lose.
Here is the protocol that I've been using instead of my chemo pill and almost all 30 other pills I was taking a day -
doTerra Lifelong Vitality - This is for general wellness and vitality, antioxicdant and DNA protection, Energy metabolism, bone health, immune function, stress management, cardiovascular health, healthy hair, skin, nails, eyes, brain and nervouse system. It also helps with liver function and digestive health, lung and respiratory health. And it's gentle on the stomach - Non-GMO, gluten free and dairy-free. I take it once a day and that's it!
doTERRA OnGuard - We use this EVERYDAY and we also use it in our hand soap. Let's face it kids bring germs and we try to avoid them as much as possible. OnGuard supports healthy immune and respiratory function, Protects against environmental threats, Supports the body’s natural antioxidant defenses, Promotes healthy circulation, Energizing and uplifting aroma.
doTERRA Lavender - I use this for itchiness. Since Polycythemia makes your anti-histamine level rise this helps calm it down. It's also GREAT for anxiety and helping get restful sleep - because let's face it Polycythemia makes you fatigued like you've never felt before. I also use this to help control my blood pressure - in fact since using Lavender my blood pressure has been the best since being diagnosed. This can also be used on scrapes, bumps and bruises! We also love to use it on mosquito bites and even used it on hives and it took them away. I also use this when Triniti gets a bloody nose - I rub it across the bridge of her nose and it stops bleeding with in 1-2 minutes -NO more 20 minute nose bleeds!!
doTERRA Frankincense - This has to be one of my very FAVORITE oils- here are just a FEW of things it can treat! support healthy cellular function, increase blood flow and circulation, reduce inflammation, reduce skin discoloration and imperfections, promote feelings of wellness and relaxation, promote oral health (the resin can even be chewed), balance hormones, improve memory, in some studies, have been shown to suppress proliferation of cancer cells. We also use this along with the Lavender to reduce seizures - neither Triniti or I have had seizures since using these!
doTERRA DDR Prime- I use this to support healthy cellular integrity, Protects body and cells from oxidative stress and Promotes overall cellular health.
doTERRA Peppermint - I mostly use this for upset stomachs and headaches that we all get with Polycythemia. It works faster than most over the counter pain relievers and it even treats my migraines. It's great because it's a go to for my kiddos also! It also helps with respiratory function and it's a great pick me up with all the fatigue we get! I love peppermint and use it a lot!
doTERRA Deep Blue Rub - This stuff is EPIC! Anyone with Polycythemia understands bone pain - let me tell you this stuff is AMAZING! Anytime I feel that pain come on - I use just a pea size rub it in and it's gone quickly. I also found that because of this Leukemia our bodies get fatigues easier which leads to PAIN! So if I know I'm going to be out playing with my kids or going on a walk I put this on my places that I normally feel the pain and I don't end up getting that awful pain! I went camping with my family this weekend and before I would have been miserable in pain. Using the Deep Blue Rub through out the day and right before bed kept my pain away! I love it! This is one of my very favorite products!
doTERRA Copiba - This is something I just added and I don't think our family could live without it! Here's what it does - Supports the health of the cardiovascular, immune, digestive and respiratory systems, Powerful antioxidant, Helps calm, soothe, and support the nervous system, Promotes clear, smooth skin and reduces the appearance of blemishes It also helps with lung function, sore throats, sinisus, kidneys and the bladder. And it GREATLY reduces pain!! I LOVE it! It has so many uses -all of our family can use it!
Going from taking all those medications above to these oils to control my cancer as well as all the symptoms that go along with it! The proof has been in my blood work! My blood work has been the best it has been since starting any of the medications I have been on! I've had 3 sets of blood tests in the last few months and my numbers have remained stable! That's all the proof I need! Praise GOD!
If you would like to learn more about essential oils I will be hosting an educational party for all you Arizona peeps on Monday, October 16th, 2017. If you would like to join us send me a private message and I'll add you to the list! Bring a friend and get a free gift!
OHIO friends - don't worry I've got you covered too! We're working on setting up an educational party with my good friend Heather who will be hosting at her house between Pettisville and Wauseon! She's the amazing person who gifted me my first oils that changed my life and my families lives forever!! I've not felt this great in 9 years and I want that same thing for all those suffering with chronic illnesses or those who just want to feel better! if you don't feel comfortable going to just straight oils that's okay too! They can be used alongside medications! Just make sure to let your doctor know what oils you are using and you can always check with your pharmacist to see if there are any interactions!











No comments:
Post a Comment