Thursday, September 3, 2009

The results are in...

Triniti's EEG came back good. No need to start any new medications at this point!! Praise God. Prayer is so much more powerful then any medication!! The doctor did not expect the EEG to look as good as it did!! I believe it's all the people out there praying for her!! They will continue to repeat the EEG on a 3 month basis to continue to watch her brain activity and we will just keep believing that God will give us our miracle!
Some of you have been asking about my blood test results from the Mayo Clinic the other day... well the hematocrit level which is what we watch the most went from 40 to 39... If it goes above 40 we start treatment so now we just wait again... it's not gone down enough to make me feel better but at least it's going in the right direction... slowly!! Out of 20 different levels that were checked over half of them were not normal. If we could get most of them in the normal range I would start to feel a LOT better!! Because of my awful headaches and joint pain my oncologist wanted me to have those looked into to make sure there isn't another cause besides the polycethemia vera. So today I had more blood work taken (6 viles)... I guess it's just like them letting my blood out..:) On Tuesday of next week they are going to do a CT scan of my brain to make sure there is nothing else going on to cause the headaches and I will also have an X-ray and ultrasound of my joints to see if there are any cysts causing the pain or if it's the start of gout. They did end up putting me on some meds for my headaches and the joint pain- the only down fall is it makes me tired which I sleep enough as it is... so hopefully that will get better. They also put me on a medicine to help thin out my blood so it might relieve some of my other symptoms. So hopefully soon I'll start feeling like my old self!! I haven't got the call yet to set up the CT scan for the tumor but hopefully we will get that tomorrow. And we can figure out everything that's going on.
I'm attaching a video of Keegan making Triniti laughing - it's a little long but it's cute.. This is what makes everyday worth fighting for!! To stop my music from playing click the stop button on the left then you will be able to hear the video.

2 comments:

  1. Cayman loved Triniti's laugh. She laughed right along with her.

    You must be feeling like you live in and out of waiting rooms and doctor offices. That's a lot of tests for you and for Triniti, and then put them two together, it must feel overwhelming.

    Our prayers and love remain strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE BEST NEWS TO START THE DAY WITH If anyone disbelieves in the power of prayer this should fix it! Now we need to get HIM to work on mom a little bit more Love and kisses to all

    ReplyDelete